Senior Assistant Director, Human Resource Management & Development Jobs, HR Jobs, County Government Jobs, Murang’a County Jobs
Job Group ‘Q’
- Initiating and developing human resource management and development policies;
- Analyzing the human resource management and development structures and systems; determining and proposing methods/strategies for handling the human resource management and development function;
- Proposing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
- Researching on human resource best practices that will guide the development of human resource management and development policies, standards and regulations; institutionalization of performance management including staff Performance Appraisal System;
- Preparing briefs on Collective Bargaining Agreements/Labor Union matters; participating in tripartite discussions; ensuring compliance with the remuneration policy;
- Identifying and liaising with development partners for technical support of training programs including the development of training proposals; designing and implementing training programmes
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of an up-to date human resource development data;
- Preparing reports; processing of secondment and unpaid leave cases; and administration of the medical, mortgage, car loan and pension schemes.
- Interpreting and advising on human resource management and development policies and regulations; monitoring the implementation of human resource management and development policies, rules and regulations and analyzing their impact on staff;
- Ensuring that professional human resource management and development standards are maintained;
- Implementation of Public Service Board decisions; advising Technical Departments on career and succession management, human resource planning and utilization of human resources;
- Coordinating the preparation of Personnel Emoluments (PE) budgets;
- Coordinating the implementation of Performance Management Systems including Performance Appraisal System and the Reward and Sanctions Framework;
- Ensuring compliance with labor laws and forging linkages with the Unions; and liaising with the Public Service Board and department responsible for Finance on human resource matters;
- Coordinating the processing and verifying of the agenda and minutes for the Human Resource Management Advisory Committee;
- Coordinating training and human resource development activities;
- Overseeing the development of training projections and plans;
- Validation and authentication of academic and professional certificates in liaison with the relevant institutions.
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Human Resource Management and Development or relevant and comparable grade in the public or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration, Education, Sociology, Political Science/Government, Anthropology or any other relevant Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Industrial Relations, Labour Relations, Education, Public Administration, Business Administration, Counselling Psychology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Application forms and details of the vacancies can be accessed HERE. Applications should be submitted to the Public Service Board Offices located within the County Governor’s office, Murang’a on or before close of business on 26th July 2019 clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52 – 10200
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.