HR & Development Officer Job at International Committee of the Red Cross
Entitled to work with a Kenyan employment contract? Experienced, highly motivated, and qualified person? The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for you to fulfill this new position as soon as possible for the next six months (with possible extension if budget granted).
The HR Department of the Regional Delegation is reorganizing in order to fit with the tremendous period of changes at ICRC’s Institutional level in terms of People Management. It is in line with the Institutional Strategy 2015-2018 where the Human Resources is identified as one of the drivers – “The ability to deploy the right people in the right place at the right time”. We consequently need you to attract, retain, and develop our Human Resources for the sake of ICRC’s beneficiaries.
The HR Recruitment and Development Officer will provide a full range of HR Development and Operational support to the 350 staff and managers based in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
HR & Development Officer Job Requirements
- Committed to travel outside and inside the country;
- University Degree in Human Resources Management;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar function or a busy HR office. Experience in change management and / or delivery of trainings for professional and / or people management is a strong added value;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Very strong and effective communication skills, with proven ability to negotiate and influence change with cultural sensitivity;
- Very skilled at assessing applications and conducting interviews;
- Aptitude for projecting a positive image of the ICRC as a future employer and of the HR Department within the Regional Delegation;
- Capacity to convince a skeptical audience;
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Databases). At ease with social Medias.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office on the e-mail address; [email protected], before 14th July, 2017.
Please include; Detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
(Indicate the position title on the subject line).
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.