Human Resource And Administration Manager Job, Current HR Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Human Resource And Administration Manager
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract Full Time
Location : Nairobi.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards becoming a market leader in sustainable development, incorporating more pillars within our program and expanding beyond Nairobi. Therefore, KCIC has grown to include investments by Kenya Climate Ventures, the roll out of the AgriBiz Program, KCIC Consulting, Center for Governance and Sustainability and Special Projects Unit. KCIC is now implementing an Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program will be to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
With the expansion of KCIC and the inclusion of the Agribiz program, KCIC is looking for a Human Resource and Administration Manager to lead and support its HR operations within KCIC Group.
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the Kenya Climate Innovation Center Group. In addition, he/she will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, staff welfare, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions. The HR&A Manager will provide strategic guidance on HR and administrative matters to the management team.
- Developing and reviewing the organizational human resource strategy, plans, policies and procedures in compliance with the business strategy growth plan and objectives; the legal and regulator
- Develop and implement the HR budget and co-ordinate the HR initiatives for the Group and subsidiaries ensuring the activities are within the budget and meet the dynamic business
- Develop and manage the recruitment and selection process across the group and ensure that qualified talent is onboarded within KCIC group. Oversee the onboarding process of new staff member for smooth settlement within the organization.
- Implement effective people management policies process and systems which will aid the business to manage teams as well as maintain a high performance culture across KCIC group.
- Manage the staff training and development plans for KCIC groupi.e. assessing staff training needs, schedule trainings and evaluate and monitor the impact of the training on staff in coordination with supervisors and work
- Manage and coordinate the performance management process within KCIC group by ensuring that the right performance management tools are used and, ensure employee engagement and high performance is
- Manage and oversee the operational issues within HR such as leave management, Contract Management, record keeping and salary
- Manage the employee benefits programs within KCIC group in coordination with the HR business partners in the subsidiaries as below:
- Manage all insurance schemes’ benefits contracts and assure high quality coverage for all staff;
- Salary and benefits administration, including; management of all statutory deductions and act as the focal point for any issues arising;
- Maintain up to date records of all employee
- Maintain a highly developed sense of urgency to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner as well as be able to manage multiple projects, priorities and, ensure transactional delivery of a high
- Be knowledgeable of, remain current with changes to, and ensure compliance with all applicable local laws, regulations, and requirements within
- Provide leadership on employee relations issues, partnering with managers and employees, leading investigations and recommending appropriate course of
- Partner with leadership to optimize employee engagement and retention. Monitors retention trends and status and recommends measures to improve the employment experience.
- Manage the coordination of transport within KCIC, monitor the usage of KCIC group vehicles as well as ensuring timely servicing and monitors documentation related to these vehicles i.e. insurance, maintenance
- Oversee and provide administrative support on office cleanliness, maintenance of office furniture and equipment’s across KCIC Group;
- Oversee all administrative tasks in the office, compliance with KCIC established policies and procedures;
- In liaison with the Hub Managers and Procurement Officer, manage the process of procuring office furnishing, equipment and
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
- CHRP Certification and member of IHRM (K).
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with 5 years’ experience in management position, preferably in an International or local NGO with experience in donor funded
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of Human Resources Information
- Ability to relate with people at all levels internally and
- High level of integrity and able to maintain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer