Hotel Accounts Receivable Officer Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, Lee & Myles Jobs
Our client is a 4-Star rated hotel and seeks to hire a qualified person in the role of Accounts Receivables Officer. The roles will be based in Kisumu.
Salary: Ksh 45,000 – 85,000
IMPORTANT: Applicants MUST have prior experience as Accounts Receivable Officer/Accountant or Credit Control in a hotel/hospitality industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing invoices and collections. His/her prime duty is to look after collections ensuring that the company receives its payments when due in an effective and timely manner as per the credit policy.
- Investigate credit application for new accounts, reviewing accounts for potential problems on an ongoing basis and maintaining contracts with other parties to enable timely detection of payment problems.
- Conduct credit investigation, so that an intelligent appraisal of customers worth, character and ability to pay may be ascertained to justify extension of credit.
- Review supporting documents and verify the accuracy of balances in accounts receivables.
- Follow up collection of accounts receivable in a firm but diplomatic manner, calculated to produce results and at the same time maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Liaise with Reservations, Sales and Banqueting departments in all disputed accounts. Process accounts queries and respond to customer queries as required.
- Reconcile all credit card charges to payment received.
- Post all cheques received daily and allocate in Sun system.
- Hold an exit interview with corporate client organizer and verify authenticity of their bill and ensure client leave with their bill. Bills should be entered in a delivery book and signed for while issuing.
- Close all accounts receivable and generate statements on or before 5th of every month.
- Distribute invoices and have sign-off through the delivery book.
- Prepare and distribute invoices of employees City Ledger accounts monthly.
- Ensure all invoices bear Electronic Tax Register (ETR) or Electronic Signature Device (ESD) tax signature.
- He/she maintains debtor’s records and files, copies of all valid contracts and vendor file.
- Posts and allocates debtors payments in Sun system.
- Ensure the Rate-Grid in Fidelio is authentic and updated.
- Generates on spreadsheet a detail record of all ledger collections on weekly / monthly basis.
- Generate debtors listing (Ageing analysis) on a monthly basis, using this information to assist the Head of Finance with production of monthly management accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-3 years accounts receivable experience
- Hospitality experience is a MUST.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge in the operations of hotel uniform accounting system will be an added advantage
- Customer service and negotiation skills
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria set above, please send your application to [email protected] clearly quoting “ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER” on the email subject line.
The application deadline for is 25th August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.