Finance & Administrative Assistant Jobs at Heifer International
The Finance & Administrative Assistant is the first contact point to visitors, consultants, and partners.
S/he is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations providing support to the senior management team, Nairobi office and the project by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned.
S/he will develop procedures, which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintaining an efficient document retrieval system.
S/he will also assist with financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Finance & Administrative Assistant Job
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Exemplary customer care and administrative skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines and printers.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.