Head of SME & Commercial Banking Job, Finance Jobs In Kenya October,
HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in our Retail Banking Division. We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Head of SME & Commercial Banking
Reporting To: Retail Banking Director
Overall Job Purpose
The jobholder will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME and Commercial Banking Department through balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition, Customer retention, profit & loss targets in order to support achievement of overall business strategy; in a cost effective and high return manner. The jobholder will be involved in product development oversight aimed at sustaining the Bank’s competitive. Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- The jobholder is responsible for developing a detailed strategy that would enable him/her grow and maintain a customer portfolio that will ensure the delivery of the business targets in accordance with the Department’s annual performance plans
- The jobholder is responsible for effectively executing all the agreed business development and growth strategies in accordance with the long, medium and short term plans of the Bank and as set by the Retail Banking Director. This will be done through active portfolio management and development by maintaining & growing existing income sources and meeting set targets for new business.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.·
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME & Commercial Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.·
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager / stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME and Commercial Banking Products.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager / stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the SME & Commercial Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers. Manage an effective SME customer’s loyalty program for networking and deepening of HFC Bank SME market penetration through the Mobile lending strategy
- A key accountability of the overall SME & Commercial Banking portfolio is to build a high-quality client portfolio by effectively managing clients across the entire financing cycle. Consequently, the Manager will have specific responsibilities during the various stages of the credit cycle
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.·
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Ability to set appropriate targets and work towards achieving these targets to meet the overall strategy of the Bank
- Set stretched targets and impose a high personal standard
- Recognize the necessity for urgency to achieve results and commit to achieving results
- Take immediate corrective action to deal with missed goals
- Benchmark performance against competition; set and measure stretching goals
- Monitor the progress of activities to ensure business goals are met and share results and experiences with team members, colleagues
- A Business related degree from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics;
- Minimum 7years’ experience in banking, with proven experience of at least 3 years in a similar position or at least 5 years banking experience and sales/marketing background, where he/she managed a portfolio of SME or Commercial/Corporate Banking clients.
- Experience managing borrowing customers and analyzing financing proposals, especially for SME & Commercial Clients
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strategy formulation in line with the overall Boards strategy
- Strong Performance Management Skills
- Strong Business acumen and Entrepreneurial Skills
- Demonstrated Portfolio management skills and Strategic thinking
- Assertiveness and diplomacy
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Ability to build long term,high quality and trusted relationships.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as be an excellent communicator with ability to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines.
- Result driven with a track record of demonstrable networking selling and influencing skills as well as ability to identify new opportunities.
- Demonstrate solid awareness in operational risk and quality in driving service excellence.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
How to Apply
Apply for Head Of SME & Commercial Banking Job here