Head of Operations & Maintenance Job Telkom
Head of Operations & Maintenance Job, Other Professions,
Telkom Head of Operations & Maintenance Jobs in Kenya
- The job holder will be responsible for designing policies, overseeing customer service and implementing technology strategies.
- She/he will be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business and be committed to productivity and compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and Maintain annual operating and capital budgets (Opex and Capex) for operations and maintenance department.
- Procure vendors cost effectively in collaboration with procurement department.
- Drive timely maintenance of the company’s network to ensure availability of network to the company customers
- Provide high quality service based on the SLA agreements and performance standards
- Respond timeously to network disruptions that cause a loss of coverage to determine potential causes of network outages and make the necessary repairs.
- Operationalize the strategic operation and maintenance of the company’s telecommunications networks to maximize coverage and service delivery to all customers.
- Monitor performance of the company’s telecommunications network through the company’s NOC office to determine any network outages and to take immediate remedial action.
- Manage the operation and maintenance inventory to ensure company property is accurately recorded.
- Manage the operations of regional technical teams in outlying areas and ensure that service levels in these areas are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Prevent network degradation through the scheduling of routine network maintenance.
- Manage the monitoring of submarine networks that form part of the East Africa Submarine System and report all problems to the relevant authorities to initiate repairs.
- Analyze repeat network outages and make recommendations additions, removals or modifications to the network to ensure the reduction of future network outages.
- Validate all tender documents including RFIs and RFQs related to network operation and maintenance.
- Manage the operations and maintenance team outputs and the performance of individual team members.
- Ensure effective communication to all employees with regards to operations and maintenance of the network environment.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Master’s degree in Business or IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or Telecommunications.
- Must have Professional registration with Engineering Council
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the telecommunication/technology industry and 5 years in management of operations and maintenance
- Experience in business process analysis and redesign.
- Experience in network operation and maintenance process.
Here are the skills we are looking for
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization and management.
- In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network operation and maintenance (mobile and landline) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment in general and a telecommunications network operations and maintenance in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities
How to Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter