Head of Nursing Job, Nursing Jobs April,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
HEAD OF NURSING INSTITUTE – KUTRRH/DTCBHNI/385 – 1 POST
The Head of Nursing Institute will be responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all nursing students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the Institute. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal works collaboratively and communicates effectively with the KUTRRH Management and Board of Directors and other stakeholders to direct and nurture all members of the institute staff. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, Curriculum enhancement, extra curricula activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
- Provides administrative oversight of nursing education ensuring continued program updates including modifications to courses, and maintaining vitality and relevance of the
- Supervises the development of the Nursing Institute programs and serves as liaison to external accrediting
- Assists in the recruiting and admission of students into the
- Documents and performs frequent graduation audits of student
- Works with the Training Manager, Deputy Director, Training and Capacity Building and Director Training and Capacity Building to establish schedules and faculty workloads for faculty and
- Participates in committees, schedules and regular Nursing Institute
- Ensures quality advising for students enrolled in nursing courses and students wanting to apply to the
- Prepares annual reports to the state and national accrediting agencies, providing leadership in all program accreditation and re-accreditation
- Ensures that syllabi are prepared and made available to
- Conducting periodic evaluation of courses offered and ensure necessary facilities such as laboratories are available and well
- Observes classroom presentations as necessary and provides feedback to ensure quality instruction across the Nursing
- Manages the nursing institute’s budget in accordance to the guidelines set by the Director, Training and Capacity
- Assist the department in writing their annual performance
- Mediates program issues, and participates in the student grievance
- Updates the Academic Catalog and Webpage as it relates to the Nursing Institute when
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSCN).
- Master’s degree preferably in Health Education and Administration or Business Administration or
- Education Administration or related qualification from a recognized university.
- A Diploma in Medical Education or PhD preferably in Health Education and Administration or Business Administration or Education Administration or related qualification from a recognized university will be an added
- Must be a holder of at least a post-basic diploma in specialized
- Proven track record in achieving results and in the improvement of standards of teaching & learning in an academic
- Must have been teaching in a Medical/ Nurse or any other relevant training institution for a minimum period of 3 years and have demonstrated leadership qualities at Supervisory/ Management
- Demonstrated good leadership skills preferably in a medical department or school or any other relevant
- Proven leadership qualities with strong team work and excellent communication
- Demonstrable capacity in strategic thinking and excellent administrative and managerial
- Proper understanding of financial management, good public relations and resource mobilization
- A high degree of computer proficiency and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya and possess a valid practice
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Superior interpersonal skills and team work
- High degree of professionalism and ethics
- Have the ability to meet competing deadlines
- Leadership skills
- Be open to change and respond quickly to internal and external demands
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Research and development skills
- High degree of integrity and accountability
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official telephones/ email.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.