Head of Employee Relations Job at KCC
The Head of Employee Relations will be reporting to the Chief Manager, Human Resource & Administration
To provide principle support to the Chief Manager Human Resource & Administration in implementing the
disciplinary and grievance handling policies and procedures taking into account application of law,
organization values, operational policies and procedures. Implements staff recognition programs and
interventions that support delivery of business objectives in line with the organization values.
Responsibilities for the Head of Employee Relations Job
- To manage disciplinary/grievances as per policy, labor & government regulations;
- To communicate recommendations on disciplinary action to be taken;
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations in conjunction with T & D
- To liaise with legal section & company lawyers on all legal issues relating to staff;
- To manage exits & separation process;
- To develop & review Employee Relations policies in line with best practice & legal requirement;
- To report on turnover analysis, disciplinary cases analysis & other employee relations trends and
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations and coaching of managers to handle disciplinary issues.
- Any other duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor
Qualifications for the Head of Employee Relations Job
- Master’s Degree in HR with a bias in Industrial Relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR related subjects/social sciences or any other related field.
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Valid professional membership from IHRM – K or other relevant institution
- Professional practicing license from IHRM
- A minimum of three years relevant experience is required with a particular bias on Employee
- 7 years’ experience in middle management coupled with 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Considerable knowledge of current trends and practices in HR
- Prior experience supervising a unit/others doing similar work
- Advanced presentation skills
- Well – developed report writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills and attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High standards of personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task
- Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Sense of initiative
- Adaptable to change
How To Apply
If you meet the specified requirements, send ONLY a hard copy application with a daytime telephone number and a detailed CV, copies of certificates and contacts of at least 3 referees to:
Chief Manager Human Resource & Administration
New Kenya Co-operative Creameries
P.O. Box 30131 – 00100 G.P.O.
Please note that all applications MUST be sent through the above address NOT later than Monday 12th June 2017,5 p.m.