Audit & Risk Management Jobs, Current Audit Jobs, NLC Jobs
Gross Salary: (Min Kshs. 236,000 – Max Kshs. 361,000)
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for the provision of independent objective assurance on the effectiveness of NLC risk management, internal controls and governance processes to support the achievement of the Commissions goals and objectives
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of internal audit and risk management strategies, policies and procedures to achieve the Commission strategic objectives
- Prepare risk based annual audit plans aligned to the Commission objectives for the continuous audit of the Commissions risk management, internal controls, governance processes and financial statements
- Lead, coordinate and supervise audit and risk management staff to ensure implementation of audit plans as approved by the Audit and Risk Management Committee (ARMC) including preparation of individual assignment and audit plans
- Develop accountability structures and monitor the performance indicators for the Internal Audit & Risk Management Department to meet its objectives
- Develop and retain talent including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system
- Coordinate the development and implementation of appropriate risk management frameworks within the Commission’s goals and objectives
- Explore and implement appropriate technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit and risk management department
- Provide consulting inputs on various Commission activities including projects to add value and improve the commission’s operations
- Create awareness on and improve the internal control culture within the Commission designed to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of objectives such as effectiveness and efficiency of operations and compliance with applicable laws and
- Coordinate the implementation of the Fraud and Corruption policy of the Commission in liaison with other stakeholders for transparency
- Support external auditors and other stakeholders as and when required in their mandate of examining and evaluating internal controls put in place to manage the risks which could affect the financial accounts to determine if they are working as intended
- Provide Secretarial support to the Audit and Risk Management Committee during its various
- Lead and coordinate preparation of the Departments annual budget and control and monitor its
- Plan and coordinate the timely performance of special audit investigations and forensic audits as necessary to manage the risks which could affect the financial accounts to determine if they are working as intended
- Prepare quarterly audit reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee to provide more timely financial data to internal and external stakeholders to seek out discrepancies in the data or breaches accounting ethics
- Supervise and coordinate the audit cycle for each assignment and ensure timely issuance of reports to the CEO and Senior Management Team for implementation of recommended actions
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations and report findings to the Audit and Risk Management Committee and Senior Management in the pursuit of the departments objectives
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Accounting, Risk Management, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Accounting, Risk Management, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development programme lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Member of a relevant professional association e.g. ICPAK & ACCA, IIA, ISACA
- Twelve (12) years of service, five (5) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Applicants must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge of relevant legislations on public procurement and public financial management.
- Knowledge of relevant auditing and accounting standards
- Knowledge of information management systems is essential
- Possession of risk assessment skills and the ability to plan effectively to ensure adequate coverage of all High and critical risks is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer
- Budgeting skills
- Good Communication skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100