Software Engineering Director Job, IT Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Our client, Living Goods, a non-profit organization, whose main goal is to make an impact in the Health Sector is looking to recruit a Director, Software Engineering. He/she will support in developing and delivering the overarching technology strategy and setting the direction for the software engineering and operational teams within the organization. You will contribute to the global Living Goods strategy and contribute to the technology team transformation strategy andfuturedirection
Reports to: Chief Digital Health Officer (CDHO)
Job Location: Nairobi
mHealth is the biggest health transformation of our lifetime. All around the globe, mobile phones are making a difference between life and death. They allow families to call for medical help in emergencies, help rural pharmacists locate lifesaving drugs during stock outs, and enable health workers to track potential pandemics.In developing countries, mobile phones have alsotransformed community health at thegrassroots level.
Living Goods is rapidly transforming into adigitally-led business in order to better serveour communities and other stakeholders. Our belief inthe power oftechnology, mobile phones and phone apps is not unique. Wehavecreated tools, fine-tuned them, and used them to equip over9000 Community Health Workers andhundreds of supervisors to deliver highimpact, low-cost community health services. Wetruly believeusing data for decision making is transformative.
We now want to take it a notch higher by strengthening our Digital Health team to enable us to customize and build high performance and scalable mHealth systems. As such, this is an excellent opportunity for a driven candidate to take on a leadership role where you would be committed to building and maintaining a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering quality solutions. In return, you will enjoy an exciting, innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working. You will lead the engineering team and work closely with operational managers and high-level staff in multiple countries.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Be apart of Core Digital Health Leadership Group and work closely with the Chief Digital Health Officer (CDHO) to implement and realize the digital priorities and roadmap of Living Goods.
- Provide technology leadership and strategic direction to the in-house Global Software
- Engineering (GSE) team and third-party technology partne
- Participate and contribute to Living Goods strategic conversations and accordingly refine and implement the technology roadmap for the organization.
- Develop an understanding of organizational goals, requirements, and framework/
- Work plan to translate those requirements in software/ technical end-product
- Work in alignment with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and that meet Living Goods nee
- Be the team’s representative among senior and project leadership, effectively managing upwards and downwards
- Develop and deliver regular communication including software delivery status and risks to senior manageme
- Lead and manage the GSE team in terms of development, work planning/resourcing, mentorship, and team upskilling in alignment with their career goals and organizational future nee
- Lead and manage the GSE team in terms of development, workload/resourcing, mentorship, and up skilling in alignment with their career goals and organizational future nee
- Lead the GSE team to assess, recommend/decide on what needs to be stopped, what needs to be built as in-house skill sets from the technology landscape to support the stakeholder requirements.
- Be a leader who has built effective teams that deliver results, technical experts, managers, and future leade
- Plan and lead the diversification of technology skill sets within the team to realize the organizational strategic objectives and targets
- Lead and own the software design, development, and delivery component in the organizations Digital Health Department to provide high quality, reliable, scalable, available and secure software/ digital sys
- Collaborate with software engineering staff to define and implement reliable, robust, scalable ,efficient and secure architectures operating preferably in a cloud en
- Createandexecutekeystrategiestomeetbusinessoutcomesandmanagestrategic re
- The ability to engage and constructively influence the C-level stakeholders for technology discussions and decisions.
- Define and manage the entire software development lifecycle in an agile delivery environment focusing on continuous deployment at pace while maintaining quality and performance of software systems including supporting systems in production, responding to production incidents and managingunplanned wor
- Develop/refine and implement the ‘Build, Borrow ,Buy’ framework to develop and support decision making for when we deliver value on technology by building solutions in-house and when we partner with other provide The long-term objective is to strengthen and diversify the in-house skill sets of GSE team to master a suite of proven technology platforms including the emerging technology horizon.
- Grow, mentor, manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and grow This would include the assessment and development of abalanced technology skillset portfolio across both in-vogue and emerging technologies landscape.
- Strategic collaboration with senior management and stakeholders (e. Health, Operations, Innovation, Business Development, etc.) todefineandbuildnew features and products.
- Implementation of effective project management capabilities in the GSE team in order to manage technology deliverables and commitments to tea
- Provide regular and periodic reports, updates and insights to CDHO for necessary decision making and owning the risk register on the software engineering and development front.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, orrelated field.
- 10+years across software engineering with a focus on high performing, innovative/creative and consumer-facing application and platforms.
- 6+years of leadership experience of which 4+ should be direct management experience of a medium-size team (15+).
- Previous hands-on experience developing web/mobile applications, transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle in an agile environment particularly multi-tier data-driven applicati
- Has a strong Software Engineering background (knowledge e in Java, Android, e) and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, continuous integration, Cloud and container infrastructure including micro-services.
- Comfortable with integration, extension and modification ofopen-sourcetools.
How To Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their updated CV and cover letter (indicating why you feel you would be a good fit) with a day –time Telephone number to the email address: [email protected] with Director-Software Engineer on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.
Only shortlisted will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.