Business Development Senior Manager Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs Kenya 2022,
Our client, a non-profit organization, whose main goal is to make an impact in the Health Sector is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Manager, Business Development. Reporting to Deputy Director, Business Development, he/she will be responsible for bi/multilateral donor relationships and funding opportunities in Kenya, as well as play an interface role to support the fundraising teams based abroad.
Job Location: Nairobi
- Contribute to development and implementation of the Bi/Multi strategy to advance Kenya strategic goals and grow revenue, profile, and influence.
- Direct all fundraising efforts at country level and monitor the progress of country fundraising plans and priorities, ensuring donor perspectives and learnings are informing organization’s work.
- Actively identify and monitor funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner; conduct pipeline forecasting and donor surveillance to track the release of procurements.
- Lead proposal development, ensuring alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities; Work with top tier donors to influence and co-create opportunities to mobilize resources to increase Community Health funding, for government-led programming.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities to engage, coordinate and partner with key stakeholders at country level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding.
- Work collaboratively within the Partnership, Advocacy and Communications team to cultivate, maintain and grow existing relationships; Help monitor and track stakeholder priorities and new trends in the field.
- Identify strategic speaking opportunities and represent the organization at donor events and global health meetings and conferences to raise the brand and influence in country, amplifying our unique value proposition, in country.
- Provide guidance and oversight on capacity assessments to staff and partners on how to work with donor funding in country.
- Document and implement business processes, procedures, and templates to improve the work flow of the business development team.
- Lead discussions on strategy, creating buy-in around responsibilities and timelines, and guiding players every step in the proposal process.
- Experience working in global health or international development organizations; Exposure to extensive travel or lived in a developing country.
- 7+ years of experience, of which at least 5 years related to developing grant proposals for bi/multilateral funding. Knowledge of USAID and donor agencies like FCDO, the Global Fund, GAVI, and large foundations, and well versed in US government funding mechanisms and procedures.
- Strong writing skills, with experience in drafting successful proposals for funding.
- Strong collaborator who actively listens and communicates, and connects easily with team members and gain their trust and respect.
- Resourceful problem solver, who is also able to identify and recruit partners for projects during proposal development as necessary.
- Project management skills: Ability to scope and track potential opportunities, organize proposal calendars, develop collaborative timelines and execute action plans.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their updated CV and cover letter (indicating why you feel you would be a good fit) with a day –time Telephone number to the email address: [email protected] with Senior Manager, Business Development on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries
Only shortlisted will be contacted