Senior Manager – Business Administration Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Senior Manager – Business Administration
Reports To: Country Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Location: Mombasa
Role Summary: We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient, and experienced Senior Manager Business Administration. He /She will manage all Finance and Accounting, legal and Compliance responsibility for Hapag-Lloyd Kenya Limited.
Key Functions/ Accountabilities
- Budgeting (Budget adjustment and quarterly Forecasts) of Overhead Costs and Operational Expenses
- Produce monthly trend analysis and maintenance of costs standards
- Manage the Business Administration and Controlling function of Kenya
- Assist with Performance Management of the various business units in Kenya (presentation of KPI’s and support with alignment)
- Manage Finance Closure Administration (Month/Quarter/Year End) within the company guidelines
- Manage and oversee external and internal audits and ensure unqualified reports received.
- Manage the Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts and reconciliation thereof.
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Payables within the company guidelines
- Review and develop business processes in line with Hapag Lloyd guidelines, maintaining process excellence and digitization/automation
- Responsible for cost saving initiatives and procurement (Operational and Overhead costs) and provide feedback and proposals to the procurement committee
- Responsible for the Risk management of the Kenya office.
- Responsible for credit policy to minimize the risk of bad debt loss
- Manage the Cash Flow of the Country within the company guidelines
- Supervision of Country level Business Systems group
- Management of Country ITC Support and Facilities functions
- Management of Country HR and Payroll functions
- Maintain a feedback channel to Area Africa BU heads, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and goals of the Kenya office.
- Management of Country Statutory Records and Reporting.
- Ensure total Compliance to Hapag Lloyd global standards and policies as well as local regulatory laws.
- Support the Kenya Managing Director in the implementation of policies and day to day activities
- • Provide reports and analyze key data to drive improvements
- Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual departments within Business Administration and supporting with appropriate training and development.
- Resolution of high level concerns
- Create and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area and Region
- Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow
- Liaise with Area Africa Office for all Controlling related matters
Qualifications for this Position are;
- University degree or equivalent with at least 8 years of experience in Finance or Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience Shipping and Logistics background is required.
- SAP experience will be advantageous.
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Organization Awareness/Commercial acumen
- Relevant working experience will be an added advantage
- MS Office Proficient
- Financial Foresight
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Vision and Foresight
- Accounting & Financial Competence
- Deep Understanding of Business
- Integrity and Ethical Standards
- Perspective on Risk
- Result Oriented Nature
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to [email protected] not later than 18th July 2022. Please indicate “BA Manager” as the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.