Finance & Admin Officer Jobs at Haki Mashinani Kenya
Haki Mashinani Kenya, also known, as Haki Mashinani is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 2015 whose mandate is to promote access to justice. Its focus areas are legal, social and economic empowerment of vulnerable members of the community with an aim of protecting their rights.
The Organisation is in the process of recruiting a Finance and Administration Officer to join the highly motivated project team in Nairobi.
The Finance and Administration Officer will have the financial management responsibility for accounts payable function in general; performing routine and specialized accounting tasks. The Finance and Administration Officer will report directly to the Finance and Administration Manager.
The Finance and Office Administrator will be based at the Head Office in Nairobi with frequent travel in Naivasha – Nakuru County.
Finance & Admin Job Responsibilities
- Reviewing all kinds of payments documents from requisition to payment requests and insures all the supporting documents are attached;
- Assist in preparing donor Financial Reports for project activities;
- Assist in Preparing grant expenditure records reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Perform project account reconciliation, to verify that there are in agreement and verify all expense claims for correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided;
- Prepare all staff and consultants payroll and verify staff salaries are paid on time and making statutory payments;
- Maintaining a tracking record of all the payments generated;
- Monitor compliance of project expenditure and procurement under Haki Mashinani rules and regulations
- Travel to the field office in Naivasha to conduct training on policies and financial procedures for field staff as and when required.
- Maintain the petty cash for the Head Office and ensure it is liquidated and replenished on time;
- Ensure all the grants have been charged accurately and according to the budget;
- Perform other related duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure the timely posting of news, events, trainings etc on the social media sites,
- Maintain a posting log for the social media.
- Maintain a filing system of technical and administrative documents and correspondence;
- Assist in maintaining local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Compile, manage and maintain the annual leave planner and quarterly update;
- Update the employee personnel files;
- Support in the timely and proper correspondences with partners, inquiries on HM services; and
- Any other duties that may be referred to him/her from time to time.
- Provide operational support to HM field staff during beneficiary activities and outreach events on finance related matters;
- Support the maintaining HM social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and website)
- Assisting in the recruitment processes of interns including posting vacancy announcement, initial screening of candidates and selection of qualified candidates; and
- Support HM’s networking and linkages with partners’
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Job
- University Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency in Quick Books, SAGE, Prima Nota and any other accounting packages.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- At least two (2) year of relevant professional experience in a busy administrative and finance office/environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned;
- Previous experience with an NGO’s is an added advantage;
- Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues; and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV, stating qualifications, experience, current position and remuneration, phone contact, email address, name and addresses of two (2) referees of which must be your current/last supervisor by Monday 23rd August 2017 to:
Finance and Administration Manager,
Haki Mashinani Kenya,
P.O Box 15390-00100,
Nairobi – Kenya.
Email: [email protected]
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements and must be available from beginning 1st September 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted not later than Friday the 29th of August 2017.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.