Associate Director Program Operations Jobs at Habitat For Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of an Associate Director Program Operations (Africa). Reporting to the Program Operations Director of Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), this position is responsible for the growth and development of the existing programs in the region, consistent with organizational standards and strategic goals towards sustainably serving families. At the same time, he/she will contribute to the development and implementation of a regional expansion strategy.
Associate Director Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor strategic and operational programmatic plans for the regional: aligned to the HFHI EMEA strategy.
- Facilitate development of strategic and operational plans for national organizations.
- Manage and coordinate development of national organizations, partnerships and affiliates.
- Oversee operations of the East Africa Hub.
- Identify and support potential partner organizations and negotiate strategic program alliances.
- Support global initiatives and processes as well as resource development department to fundraising opportunities including grant proposals.
- Facilitate and coordinate program / product design with relevant specialists – leading towards scalable solutions for specific target groups (marginalized, vulnerable, etc.) and specific themes (water & sanitation, DR, etc.); as per HFHI EMEA strategy.
- Develop and support strategic partnerships with regional institutions in the housing sectors.
- Recommend and implement programmatic management goals and objectives for the area.
- Prepare, implement and monitor annual programmatic budget, including grant and investment decisions.
- Participate in global program initiatives and coordinate on different themes, including: Operations; scaling strategies.
- Lead and direct the operations program team responsible for the Africa region.
- Liaise with housing finance to ensure models are aligned with target groups and in-country priorities.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure standards compliance (SOE and other relevant HFHI policies including sustainability policy); organizational development (strategic human capacity building, governance, HR development & systems, program documentation and evaluation, etc.); volunteer engagement is aligned to program operations.
Qualifications for the Associate Director Job
- Master’s degree in international development, development studies, social sciences, public/business administration, or equivalent work experience at appropriate level.
- 7+ years of management experience in international development contexts, including experience in project design and management, and planning and budgeting.
- Profound understanding of and working experience in Africa region as well as its cultural/social/political environment.
- Experience in non-profit program development and good knowledge of donors, including multilateral, institutional and corporations.
- Good understanding of key trends in international development.
- Strategic thinking, strategy setting, visioning capacity.
- Operational and financial management skills.
- Board development skills and capacity.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic skills.
- Resource mobilization, training and capacity building, coaching/mentoring skills.
- Human resources management skills and knowledge.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in French and added advantage.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Must be currently eligible to work in Kenya without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Intereted Candidates to apply here
Closing Date for Applications is the 27th of October 2017. The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in the nonprofit organization market.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.