Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya,
- Young & Co (EA) is one of East Africa’s leading construction groups. For over 50 years H Young & Co (EA) Ltd has been building East Africa’s infrastructure in partnership with various international partners making it the contractor of choice in East Africa. With very wide expertise and experience in Civil, Mechanical & Structural Engineering. The company applies its innovative and practical approach to both big and small projects.
- Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd is currently looking to fill the position of a LEGAL OFFICER
- Dealing with general legal correspondence (Demand Letters, Response to Demand Letters, Letters of engagement, Letters on General Follow-up, Letters on Instruction to Bank).
- Litigation Management (Preparation of Affidavits and Witness Statements).
- Certification of tender documents.
- Preparation and review of all legal and contractual documents to ensure that they are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted to ensure Company interests are protected at all times. Advising on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business eg. Non-Disclosure Agreements, Car Hire Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Third Party Agreements (Suppliers, Security).
- Company Secretarial Roles (Board resolution, Ensuring Annual returns are signed and Liaising with the Company Secretary).
- Representing the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning of matters and resolutions held at: Insurance Regulation Authority, Public Procurement Authority Board and Any Legal Court
- Conveyancing: Agreements for Sale, Lease Agreements (borrow pits, land and premises), Supplemental Lease Agreements, Agreements on disposal of top soil, transfer documents, Assignment Agreements, Consent to transfer and Change of Use documents
- Periodic Meetings with Unionisable Staff
- Conducting Research
- Preparing Legal Opinions
Interested candidates must have:
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must hold the most current Practicing Certificate as an Advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- A successful track record in Civil & Commercial litigation will be an added advantage.
- Broad base of legal practice experience
- Excellent Administration skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, research & analytical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills
- Must have high moral integrity and character
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and focus
How To Apply
Send your application to [email protected] with subject line marked “Legal Advisor” by 11th September 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.