Plant Mechanic Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
GRADE 6 (REF: GWASCO/HR/PM/01/2021/04) / 2 POSTS,
Plans, organizes and supervises the operation, maintenance, repair and inspection of mechanical work for collection systems and treatment facility equipment and systems. Performs a variety of work assignments in the operation and maintenance of mechanical repairs and related work as required.
The duties and responsibilities entail
- Repairs and services pumps, mechanical equipments and fabrications of fittings.
- Performs preventative maintenance, safety programs and record keeping
- Preparation of cost estimates including preparing requisitions and work orders for material, equipment, repairs and services and supplies; develops specifications for technical items as necessary
- Maintains logs and records of completed work including providing information for the preparation of the annual budget and other monthly, quarterly, annual and special reports
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, adjusts, calibrates and fabricates a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, portable and stationary generators, control circuits, motors, relays, switch gear, instrumentation, current loops, alarm circuits, engine controls, variable speed and level control devices, and programmable controllers
- Maintains diesel, propane, and gas powered engines
- Evaluates part and equipment failures; orders parts, materials, and supplies required for and mechanical repairs
- Reads and interprets manuals, blueprints, and schematic drawings
- Prepares schematic drawings and updates blueprints to reflect as built conditions
- Oversees the work of helpers or contractors assisting in repairs
- Maintains records and manuals of mechanical equipment
- Responds to customer complaints or inquiries regarding services
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to determine causes of operating errors and decide what to do about it, and to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How To Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3880 -40200,
Email: [email protected]
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.