Area Manager Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
GRADE 4, (REF: GWASCO/HR/NRW/01/2019/07) /8 POSTS.
Job title Area Manager,
Reports to Operations & Maintenance Manager,
Plan, organize, administer, coordinate and direct the activities of GWASCO water supply area.
- Ensure that consumers are billed correctly as per the actual water consumed and that the bill are delivered to consumers in time
- Ensure that all the consumer meters are read on a monthly basis, presented on greed time, water bills are paid for promptly and none paying customers are disconnected as per company regulations
- Ensure that all the assets, equipment and materials in the scheme are properly kept, used, maintained and asset inventory kept
- Ensure that at all times the water supply system is operated and maintained as per the national regulations.
- Ensure that the water laboratories at the treatment works are conducting all the quality tests as per the standard regulations and are recording the data for results as required
- Ensure that all new consumers are properly documented, approved by the head office before connection to the system is done
- Preparing the standard monthly report for the water supply and sewerage operations for the water supply scheme for forwarding to the Technical Manager
- Ensure that all consumers in the scheme are properly documented and their connections inspected periodically for correctness of billing and monthly meter reading
- Act on audit reports and prepare a report to HQ on the remedies
- Ensure that all cases of fraud, wrong billing, guessed meter reading, illegal flat rate billing, etc are reported to HQ and dealt with promptly.
- Coordinating all the Area/Scheme activities to ensure that water is supplied in the right quality and quantity.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Level of Education: Higher Diploma in Engineering (Water, Civil, Mechanical, Environmental) or Equivalent
- Professional/Additional Qualifications:
Management and Supervision Skills
Water Sector Undertaking Skills
Customer Care/Handling Skills
Communication and Inter-personal Relations Skills
Community Service and Public Relations Skills
Report Writing Skills
- Experience: Five (5) Years
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How To Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3880 -40200,
Email: [email protected]
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.