Gulf African Bank Senior Procurement Officer Jobs Kenya
Senior Procurement Officer Job at Gulf African Bank
Reports To: Procurement & Administration Manager
- Assists the Procurement & Administration Manager in all procurement activities
- Responsible for efficient procurement of goods and services essential for the Bank’s operations.
- The Senior Officer will also ensure optimal administration services to support internal customers.
Responsibilities for the Senior Procurement Officer Job
- Enforce procurement compliance as per policy and the bank’s guidelines
- Device and implement effective sourcing strategies to discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
- Control spend and build a culture of long term savings on procurement costs
- Ensure efficiency in the end-to-end procurement process : PR to RFQ to Summary Analysis to User Approval to PO issuance to User signs off acceptance
- Lead the supplier appraisal and selection process
- Effectively collaborate with demand owners/users for clarity and early influencing of specifications to meet the Bank’s objectives
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the highest value for money and most advantageous terms for the Bank and close sourcing agreements/ contracts with vendors
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation and liaise with Users to close identified gaps.
- Maintain an accurate and updated database ‘PO Master Track’ of all the PRs and LPOs created.
- Track and report periodic key performance metrics, dashboards and reports to improve effectiveness
- Conduct market intelligence for supply market awareness and related trends in order to assess present, future category items availability.
- Provide other critical services such as inventory management and administration requirements.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Senior Procurement Officer Job Qualifications
- Must have Bachelors Degree in Procurement / Supplies or a Business field from a recognized institution
- Must have a Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS) or its equivalent
- Must be a valid member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Computer Literate (with strong Microsoft Excel skills )
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in procurement/supply chain, four (4) of which should be at the level of a
- Procurement Officer or in a comparable and relevant position, preferably within the corporate sector.
- Proven experience in working with procurement ERP systems
- Integrity driven person
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations with internal and external customers
- Aptitude in Decision Making and working with numbers
- Planning, Organisational & Analytical Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Leadership & teamwork
How to Apply
Please click here to Apply Online
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter