Group General Manager Job at Recours Four Kenya Consultants
Industry: Hotel and Hospitality
Our client is a leading hospitality group with properties in Kisumu. They are looking for a Group General Manager to join their team.
Job Location: Kisumu.
Hotel Properties: Four (4) Within Kisumu.
The General manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the hotel brand. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD’s) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. The General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Group General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating
- Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
Requirements for the Group General Manager Job
- Must have a qualification in the hospitality industry
- Previous experience as a Hotel General Manager is a must
- Excellent budgeting and numerical skills
- Business development experience is a plus
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to [email protected] before 30th May 2017.
Applicants currently staying in Nairobi are encouraged to apply. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.