We are urgently looking to hire a passionate and result oriented person to fill a vacancy for a Griller. The Griller will be required to make sure that whatever He/she prepares, conforms to the Restaurant’s standards for taste, portioning and visual appeal whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas laid out by management.
- He/she will also demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds client’s expectations by performing the following duties and responsibilities;
- Perform starting up duties by switching on grills and oven at the beginning of each shift
- Ascertain that all items that need to be grilled or cooked are properly laid out, cut, cubed or sliced according to specified requirements
- Grill cheese, meats, poultry and vegetables by following set procedures and grilling times
- Ascertain that heat and timers are accurately adjusted for each item that needs to be grilled
- Perform marinating and sautéing activities according to established recipes and procedures
- Put together dishes of grilled food by portioning meats, cheeses and vegetables appropriately
- Ascertain that appropriate cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed at the end of the shift
- Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of grilling equipment and utensils and provide feedback to the Restaurant Manager in case either is damaged or worn out
- Assist in handling cooking duties by preparing ingredients or grilling them to make them part of a cooked or broiled dish
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed to provide total guest satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Food Production, Culinary Schooling or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, and willing to work beyond normal scheduled work hours as necessary
- The ideal Griller will have proven experience within quality Restaurants or Hotels
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great attitude
- Passion for food production and service
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to [email protected] with “Griller” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: We do not charge for interviews or placements.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.