Grants Manager Job, NGO Jobs 2020,
The Role: Grants Manager
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Location: Flexible with occasional travel to Narok County
Job Type: Consultancy
The Mara Conservancies Emergency Fund (MCEF) was set up to maintain the basic function of the Mara conservancies (including ranger patrols to maintain ecosystem management, mitigate human-wildlife conflict and prevent poaching of critical species) against the current risks imposed by the COVID 19 pandemic. The Grants Manager shall identify, develop and implement strategies to optimize the Mara Conservancies Emergency Fund (MCEF) grants administration process.
Program Design and Proposal Development
- Coordinate proposal and budget development process for concept notes and proposals
- Submit proposals and budgets for review, ensuring that the grant applications are prepared according to the required format and submitted to donors where applicable
- Research on potential funding opportunities
- Design and deliver proposal development capacity building training
- Provide day-to-day support and advice on funding issues relating to current grants and planned proposals to MMWCA staff
- Oversee all internal, external and sub-grantee reporting with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and MMWCA requirements. This will include communicating and support individual conservancy finance teams to meet the reporting requirements of the sub-grant agreements.
- Conduct due diligence and vetting of potential sub-award partners using MMWCA policies and procedures
- Review sub-grants for compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Provide feedback and request clarifications on sub-grant documents that have been submitted for approval
- Support the Senior Management Team in drafting of partner agreements
- Maintain master files on sub-grants
- Conduct monitoring visits to field locations and provide capacity building and training for relevant conservancies staff on reporting and donor compliance issues as necessary.
Reporting & Documentation
- Manage all internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor requirements, with support from the MMWCA Programs and Finance teams.
- Ensure that draft reports disseminated for review and feedback by senior management team as well as relevant staff are of high quality and in compliance prior to submitting the final report to donor.
- Consolidate monthly internal program progress reports based on input from the senior management team, including tracking progress on program indicators and reporting on key program highlights/issues.
- Provide relevant communications information as necessary for dissemination to donors, the OPEX committee, MMWCA board and other relevant stakeholders.
Grants Management & Compliance
- Working closely with the Programs and the Finance teams on all related tasks, specifically focused on compliance and grants administration
- Maintain the grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Organize and follow-up grant opening meetings, monthly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings.
- Support program teams in monitoring program activities to ensure program quality in collaboration with the Senior Management Team.
- Undertake training for MMWCA staff and conservancies on grants management related issues as needed.
- Liaise with donors regarding grants and grant management.
- Maintain excellent relationships within MMWCA, donors and with all MMWCA’s member conservancies as well as local authorities.
- Oversee development and maintenance of field reporting systems and processes related to grants management.
- Maintain master files connected with the MCEF grant.
- Advising the communications team on relevant information the general public and external audiences need on the OPEX operations and achievements.
- University degree in Commerce, Finance or, Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a conservation organisation within a similar position: grants management, proposal development (program narratives and budgets) and donor reporting.
- Ability to effectively liaise and coordinate with various stakeholders including key internal units and external clients such as partners or donors.
- Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and analytical skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- Team player and ability to work cooperatively with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience and skills in training and transfer of knowledge.
- Experience of working with pastoralist communities and ability/willingness to work in Aitong.
How to Apply
Please express interest and request more information, or apply directly with:
- A cover letter
- Detailed CV highlighting relevant experience
- A daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees
- to reach us by close of business on 23rd December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org