Grants & Finance Officer Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Grants and Finance Officer for the Siaya office.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Grants and Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting program implementation by ensuring project/ grant expenditures comply with the applicable donor rules, regulations as well as CHS policy. The holder of this position is expected to support the management of project advances specifically sub grantee and staff advances in addition to supporting the whole cascade of sub agreement management cycle.
- Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of financial transactions
- Maintaining a proper system of advances to employees according to CHS policy
- Support project and organisational audits/ reviews by availing required documentation and information
- Support sub grantees during preparation for external project audits by ensuring document adequacy and their readiness
- Coordinate the development of sub awards, amendments and modifications in liaison with the Grants Manager and the Program Management team
- Verifying project expenses of the sub grantee to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with CHS and donor requirements
- Maintain, update and submit a quarterly pipeline report for the sub awardees
- Support sub grantees to comply with relevant local laws in the course of project implementation and training the sub grantees to understand the terms and conditions of the sub grant
- Assist and support sub grantees on successful close out procedures as per donor requirements and CHS policy
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent
- A professional qualification, such as CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Computer literate and working experience in NAVISION accounting packages
- Familiarity with the local and International accounting standards
- 3 years’ relevant experience in sub award, grants management and reporting within the NGO sector
- Experience in working with County Health structures and USG health funded programs
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- A good understanding of budgeting, financial accountability and financial reporting and general numeracy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as Grants & Finance Officer: CHS/HR/SP/GFO/01/2020 by 5:00PM Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification