Procurement Officer Job, Current Procurement Kenya Jobs,
Our client in the manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and MUST be based in Mombasa to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the General Manager, the overall purpose of this role is to implement the Company’s sourcing, tendering, and purchasing activities to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and value for money in line with the Hospital’s objectives
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Prepare quotations, tenders, and proposals by the organizations’ procurement policies;
- Develop and maintain an up to date suppliers’ database;
- Maintain and monitor contracts by ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete and that vendor performance is in line with agreed requirements;
- Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, as well as expected outcomes;
- Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining an up-to-date inventory of goods and services;
- Provide oversight to sourcing in support of Company’s activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines;
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance. Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements;
- Ensure user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Use the market surveys report, monitor and evaluate the performance of the supply chain function; Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers, clients and relevant government agencies; and
- Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in local procurement.
- Experience in warehousing and inventory management.
- Thorough understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply systems and best procurement practices.
- Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant hospital policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Highly analytical and excellent negotiation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Tuesday, 7th September 2021 stating the subject heading “PROCUREMENT OFFICER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.