Inventory & Logistics Assistant Job, Kenyan Latest Logistics Vacancies,
Our client in the manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and MUST be based in Mombasa to fill in the following position:
INVENTORY AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the overall purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise in inventory and logistics management, including subject matter such as distribution planning, quantification, material requirements planning, inventory management, and product quality assurance
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Coordinate the department’s technical assistance and training to field offices in the aforementioned subject matter areas;
- Maintain and update policies and procedures for inventory and logistics manual(s);
- Provide technical assistance in the clarification and implementation of policies and procedures;
- Provide guidance, as needed, on policies, procedures, and expectations on inventory and logistics;
- Develop innovative capacity-building tools and resources so that logistics, inventory, and planning/forecasting improves;
- Act as primary contact for external inventory and logistics partners;
- Help to develop and implement a logistics management information system;
- Lead corporate communications on the importance of achieving international minimum standards in inventory, logistics and tracking inventory;
- Monitor impact of any new inventory and distribution policy/procedure changes to constantly improve ease of adoption of policies and procedures;
- Coordinate requests from platforms/other departments to build capacity in inventory, logistics, forecasting, and distribution planning using innovative approaches and sustainable performance improvement; and
- Consult on performance improvement processes in inventory, logistics, and planning/forecasting as needed, to help other departments identify the root cause of performance issues and recommend solutions
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Supply Chain & Logistics, or a relevant business-related degree
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in inventory and logistics in manufacturing with an emphasis on distribution (supply management) planning and implementation
- Demonstrated proficiency with forecasting/material requirement planning tools and inventory tracking
- Experience in warehousing and inventory management.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player who can work cordially in teams
- Must demonstrate the ability to multitask.
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
- Highly analytical and excellent negotiation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Tuesday, 7th September 2021 stating the subject heading “INVENTORY AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.