Finance & Compliance Internship, Latest Kenyan Internships,
GROR by Vestergaard is an agribusiness trading platform (Implemented by Grainconnect Limited a full subsidiary of Farmshine Limited) that enables smallholder farmers to access off-takers by ensuring full chain of custody and high-quality crops. In our current pilot project, we are present in several Kenyan counties: Tharaka-Nithi, Meru, Makueni, Lamu, Kitui, Kilifi and Bungoma.
GROR is seeking to recruit a Finance & Compliance Intern – Nairobi based to join our growing agricultural business. The Finance & Compliance Intern will contribute to the efficiency and accuracy of the day-to-day operations of the business, processing and recording of transactions to meet International Financial Reporting Standards as well as internal management reporting and compliance requirements.
Reporting directly to the Accountant, the following are the Key Responsibilities for this role: –
- Processing of payments: –
- Putting together support documentation to process staff business advances/facilitations and external payments to 3rd parties (suppliers, consultants etc)
- Preparation of bank upload files for RTGS/EFTs as well as Mpesa payments.
- Sharing the payment confirmations with stakeholders and follow-ups for receipts for the payments made where necessary.
- Posting of transactions to the accounting system – QuickBooks, Business Central ERP.
- Bank payment vouchers
- Expense reports
- Farmers’ bills/payments to capture and update the stock records
- Other Journals
- Inventory Management: –
- Hubs Stock reconciliations.
- Hubs regular physical stock-take.
- Preparation of weekly inventory reports.
- Reviewing expense reports from the staff with strict emphasis on the expenses support documents before posting.
- Filing statutory returns and payments within the deadline: PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, HELB, NITA etc.
- Maintaining and updating fixed assets register.
- Suppliers and staff accounts reconciliations.
- Bank and Mpesa accounts reconciliations for review by the accountant.
- Daily monitoring of GROR Mpesa account and initiating transfers from MMF/Working account to Mpesa utility account.
- Internal cash projection preparation.
- Petty cash management.
- Proper filing of payment vouchers, staff expense reports and other records for future reference.
- Ensure compliance with the state law and company policies and procedures.
- Assist accountant in budgets, PL forecasts and monthly management reports preparations.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- Essential criteria (must have to be able to carry out the role successfully)
- CPA Part II or Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or business-related field.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Familiar with accounting fundamentals.
About You: Desirable Criteria (Skills that could be an added advantage in the role):
- Familiar with QuickBooks accounting system or MS Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP/Navision.
- Puts strong attention to detail, quality, and accuracy without jeopardizing scheduled deadlines.
- Is proactive and possess a high energy level combined with a business-focused approach.
- A self-driven and service minded person with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Fluent in English.
How To Apply
Grainconnect believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your detailed cover letter to [email protected] enclosing your CV by Friday COB 25th March 2021. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.