Strategic Negotiator, Peering Job, Latest Vacancies In Kenya,
- Define the peering and interconnect strategy for a particular region (i.e. points of presence attractiveness, local and regional expansion, etc.).
- Manage the relationship with peers in the region (e.g., capacity forecast, customized peering recommendations etc.).
- Support conversations with strategic partners related to direct interconnection.
- Lead partnerships in tandem with our Legal, Treasury, Policy, and Tax teams.
- Articulate Google’s peering and interconnect position in the region to internal and external stakeholders. Communicate progress internally and collaborate with network teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Law, Policy, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with telecommunications service providers acquiring or selling connectivity related solutions
- Experience selling or buying assets and solutions in emerging markets
- Experience in negotiating complex agreements with ISP partners and/or Internet Exchanges
- Experience in negotiating wholesale agreements between carriers (e.g., roaming, wholesale, etc.)
- Proficient in internet concepts including routing (e.g., IGP/BGP), traffic management, interconnection, wholesale, and data center colocation services
- Knowledge of stakeholders, issues, and market trends within Africa
- Creative approach to solving unclear multi-stakeholder challenges