Temporary PrEP Technical Officer Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Goldstar Kenya is a National Non-Governmental Health Organization established in Kenya in 2010 under the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act (Cap 19) of 1990. It focuses on empowering communities for better health and drawing its expertise from being involved in various projects in Kenya and collaborating with diverse public and private sector partners. Goldstar Kenya aims at improving the health outcomes of the communities as well as being positioned as an institution that stands for quality and results-driven interventions.
Through Public-Private Partnerships, Goldstar Kenya is driving the path in new approaches for healthcare providers to offer in sustainable ways, high-quality integrated HIV/TB prevention, care, treatment, and support services. Goldstar Kenya is also contributing to improving the management of priority health conditions including Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Maternal, and Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH), Nutrition services as well as malaria management, and addressing the growing burden of Diabetes and other non-communicable diseases.
About USAID Tujenge Jamii Project
Tujenge Jamii is a five-year USAID-funded project that brings about well-tailored interventions in the select high-priority counties in Kenya; Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu, and Nakuru to build the capacity of the county governments’ health departments to manage high-quality HIV care and treatment, family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services and make them accessible to those in need.
We are seeking to fill the position of Temporary PrEP Technical Officer for a period of 3 months
Reports to: HIV PREVENTION STO USAID Tujenge Jamii
The PrEP Technical Officer Reliever will work with program regional teams and health facility staff to address PrEP access, and scale-up of PrEP among all priority populations at risk of HIV infection including but not limited to the General population, Pregnant and breastfeeding women, Key populations, Discordant couple, AGYW among others. PrEP is offered as an additional prevention choice for people at substantial risk of HIV infection as part of a combination of HIV prevention approaches.
The officer will increase the awareness of PrEP among high-risk individuals; expand the directory of culturally-competent medical support providers in PrEP sensitizing prescribing PrEP packages and follow-up packages providing linkage to support services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the UTJ PrEP TO on pending facility activities status as per the work plan for follow-up in each county regional team to Increase the awareness and uptake of PrEP in, Nakuru, Baringo, Laikipia, and Samburu counties high-risk individuals.
- Liaise with MOH counterpart and UTJ regional teams to mentor healthcare providers on the provision and scale-up of PrEP among the priority target populations at HIV risk.
- Liaise with MOH counterpart and UTJ regional teams to support patient navigation for individuals seeking PrEP as a practical prevention tool.
- Liaise with MOH counterpart and UTJ regional teams to organize, and facilitate quarterly PrEP meetings.
- Work with HIV Prevention stakeholders to assess, needs, develop care plans, and coordinate PrEP-related services through advocacy, education, support, empowerment,and coaching.
- Analyse, review trends and evaluate reports from health facilities and regions to ensure follow-through with service providers.
- Organize the planning and deployment of innovative approaches to sensitize and educate the public about HIV risk and PrEP options platforms to raise awareness of PrEP.
- Ensure the use of data-driven PrEP strategies at facility and community levels best practices in PrEP.
- Reduce barriers to obtaining clinical PrEP care/services and initiate HIV prevention QI interventions.
- Strengthen EBI risk-reduction interventions and support.
- Plan and follow up targeted PrEP outreach activities to reach out to at-risk communities.
- Other work-related activities as allocated by the supervisor.
- Diploma in clinical medicine, Nursing, and public health.
- Demonstrates sufficient relevant PrEP knowledge and work experience.
- Additional training in psychological or social training.
- Seasoned experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, and healthcare systems.
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: [email protected] Please quote the Job Title provided in the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received no later than Friday 4th November 2022 at 1700hrs EAT.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.