Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Goldstar Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Goldstar Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GS Kenya implements health related projects across Kenya and is to fill the Position of Community liaison strategist to be based in Garissa.
We value our employees and we believe our organization offers friendly working environment and a balanced work culture that inspires self-growth and professional excellence where individuals are inspired to live and driven by our core values:
· Community engagements
Where we work
Driven by our mission of Empowering communities to achieve better health our current team is spread across Kenya.
The Community liaison strategist will be responsible for working closely with the project technical team and service providers to;
· Improve access to Type 1 diabetes care through infrastructure improvement, referral system, community mapping, capacity building of healthcare workers and household visits.
· Increase demand for Type 1 diabetes management amongst children through activation community health networks, capacity building of community health volunteers, community engagement through opinion leaders, incentivize and monitoring of community health volunteers.
· Advocate for improved Type 1 diabetes management amongst children through establishment and participation of stakeholder forum/technical working group, identification and engaging in key Type 1 diabetes management amongst children health policy issues.
· To ensure improved efficiency in operations and achievement of results, use technology as an enabler.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Diploma in social science or public health (Bachelors degree added advantage) with 5 years’ relevant experience in Community Health Strategies and NCD management.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in working with multi-cultural communities is an added advantage.
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
· Working knowledge on the Garissa context.
· Excellent technical skills e.g., social mobilization.
· Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding NCDs management.
· Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive and initiative.
Ability to travel regionally and nationally as needed.
6 months fixed contract