Cook Job, Hotel Kenyan Jobs,
JOB TITLE: COOK POSITION (Re-advertisement)
The cook will be responsible in preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Other duties will be cooking, cleaning, and assisting other cooks and staff and delivering food in a fast-paced environment.
- Cooks customers’ orders according to their preferences.
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces.
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavor.
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the GMC business to ensure that guests have a positive experience.
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings.
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or busy.
- Takes direction and works with the GMC’s administrative team.
- Taking orders from waitrons.
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards.
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes.
- Handling multiple food orders at one time.
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive.
- Dressing in order for presentation.
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides.
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner.
- Storing all food properly.
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils.
- Wow customers with amazing dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Monitor equipment quality and order new equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with kitchen management on menu items.
- Prepare menu items as ordered.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Inspect cooking equipment, supplies, work areas and ingredients to ensure constant conformance to regulatory standards.
- Determine when additional help is needed to maintain satisfactory service.
- Establish production and staff schedules to ensure that there is sufficient help at all times to ensure timely delivery of food services.
- Participate in general cleaning.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Able to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key requirements and qualifications:
- Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply;
Applications should be sent to gmc[email protected] with “Application for Cook Position” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.