Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Reports to: Regional Director East Africa and Steering Committee Consortium
Period: 1/1/2021- 1/1/2026. Starting with a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension for the full program period
Scope: Global; Africa, Middle East, Latin-America
Location: Nairobi, Kenya, Hivos regional Hub.
ABOUT HIVOS AND WE LEAD
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
We Lead is a new, inspiring, innovative and far-reaching program aiming to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRH-R) of young women from four specific groups: that live with HIV, that have a disability, that identify as lesbian, bisexual, trans or intersex, and that are affected by displacement. The program truly puts these young women rights holders in the driving seat, while supporting them to impactful and sustainably advocate for their SRH-R.
The program will be implemented in nine countries in Africa, the Middle East and Central America. The We Lead consortium consists of six civil society organizations (Positive Vibes, Restless Development, Marsa, FEMNET, the Central American Women’s Fund, Hivos) and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Hivos is the lead party.
Pending approval, the program starts January 1st, 2021. The program is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the SRHR Partnership Fund, which is part of the Strengthening Civil Society subsidy framework. The five-year program has a budget of EUR 40, 7 million.
The program manager leads and guides We Lead strategically and operationally. She/he/they is responsible for the delivery and quality of the program results, for sound financial management, human resources and accountable to uphold We Lead values and principles. In brief, she/he/they leads the development and implementation of comprehensive program management process at strategic and operational levels. The PM is the account manager for the donor and other key stakeholders and represents the program on all levels with regard to the results in policy, advocacy, expertise & learning, both internally and externally. The PM reports to the Steering Committee composed of the directors or their representatives of the consortium partners and is managed by the Regional Director of Hivos East Africa.
Leadership and management of consortium partnership
· Provides strategic and inspirational guidance, and promotes teamwork across the consortium towards fulfilment of the We Lead Theory of Change (ToC).
· Upholds We Lead values, including on local ownership and youth leadership, and reflects these into the way of working of the consortium.
Leadership and management of Hivos’ team
· Leads, motivates, trains, appraises, supports and guides staff. Enables effective teamwork towards agreed objectives.
Management of donor contract relationship
· Responsible for We Lead operational and strategic relationship and contract management with the donor, including compliance with contractual agreements.
Program planning & delivery of results
· Guides and oversees timely, effective program planning, in which local rightsholder organizations and consortium members actively participate.
· Oversees and ensures compliance of Hivos, consortium members and local organizations with agreements made, and promotes dynamic accountability.
· Ensures transparent and accessible reporting against results framework and planning, including financial and progress reports and evaluations.
Program knowledge, learning and quality improvement
· Maintains and updates learning across the program and the partnership, stimulates internal and external knowledge exchange and integrates learning into practice.
International level SRH-R advocacy and campaigning
· Provides leadership in and ensures visibility of the SRH-R agenda of rightsholders.
· Is the ambassador of the program; applies account and partner management with donors and stakeholders; promotes *We Lead*s and / or Hivos’ SRH-R agenda in professional forums by sharing and profiling practice-based results and experiences and sets the quality standard either personally or by delegating this to program staff, and proposes and delivers sustainable solutions.
· Leads the efforts to identify and mobilize potential donors and funding mechanisms to grow and amplify the scope and results of the program.
We particularly welcome applications from women and/or persons that belongs to one of the rightsholder groups. We offer a contract based on Hivos East Africa local labor conditions, with a remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise requested.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter