Job Grade GD3
Job No. 5.
Reporting to the General Manager, Geothermal Resource Development.
The jobholder will be responsible for management of geothermal reservoirs and production processes to ensure efficient and sustainable utilization; Responsible for design, operation and management of fluid collection and reinjection system to ensure supply of steam to the power plants; Responsible for design, operation and management of power generation plants and utilization of geothermal resources; Provision of consultancy services on geothermal energy technology; Advice on the direction of resource development in accordance with the geothermal expansion plan and geothermal fields ranking.
- Spearheading the management of Geothermal Reservoirs by providing advice on well siting and drilling, well testing, production monitoring and reinjection for optimal performance;
- Leading in the Assessment of Geothermal fields and reservoirs analysis, computer modeling, optimization of production reservoirs for efficient and sustainable production
- Managing the design of geothermal fluid collection and reinjection systems, operate and maintain the piping and meter steam supplied to the power plants;
- Implementing and managing steam gathering system contracts, manage steam supply contracts to ensure quality steam delivery to the power plants and manage reinjection of separated brine and condensate;
- Managing the process of project implementation, design of power generation plants, operate and maintain GDC’s power generating systems;
- Managing construction contracts for steam piping and fluid collection and reinjection, power plants, well intervention and feasibility studies;
- Planning and steering mentorship programs for young and newly recruited staff in the department;
- Provide leadership, direction and relevant technical advice to management and conduct staff appraisals;
- Provide guidance in timely budget preparation, coordination and control expenditure in line with the procurement plan
- Managing consultancy services.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) of which should be in managerial role.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Mechatronics, Electrical, Chemical, Mining Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Energy Technology, Geothermal Technology or Drilling Technology or a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and Registered Professional by Engineers Board of Kenya or Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board;
- Possess a valid Annual Practicing License from the Engineers Board of Kenya or Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board;
- Possess a Certificate in Project management skills l from a recognized Institution;
- Undertaken a Leadership/ Management Course from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of service
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
Email: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.