General Manager Jobs at Corporate Staffing
Gross Salary: 150k – 250k
Our client is one of the leading Saccos. They seek to recruit a General Manager who will be the deputy to the Sacco CEO. S/He will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Sacco operations, using financially sound and cooperative-oriented business practices to increase its net operating income while providing high quality services to its customers.
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
- Administer the affairs of the Sacco in accordance with organizational policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of official records, by-laws, and standing rules according to Board action.
- Attend CMC and sub-committee meetings, disseminating information between governance bodies and staff, and reporting on workplace operations, finances, planning, and other matters as necessary.
- Oversee contracting services and member records retention.
- Oversee the provision of outreach and marketing services to ensure optimum uptake for Sacco products and services.
- Ensure provision of education and training programs to the Sacco leadership, and Sacco members.
- Revise staff job descriptions when necessary to increase efficiency and achievement of the organization’s goals, with input from staff and other appropriate resources.
- Oversee workplace operations, including holding staff meetings and retreats, and working with staff to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel and other administrative records.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements; ensure proper management of the SACCO accounts and preparation of periodic financial reports and annual audit.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Degree or diploma in Business Management or related course.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a Sacco carrying out administrative functions in a busy office.
- Additional training in facilities management or basic building maintenance is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the internal policies, systems and procedures of a Sacco
- Leadership/Supervisory management skills
- Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills
- Planning and organising skills/quality orientation
- Computer literacy skills – Ms Office applications
- Good understanding of the internal policies, systems and procedures of the organisation.
How to Apply
Apply here for the General Manager Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.