General Manager Job, Latest Finance Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: General Manager
Job Reference No. :MS/GM/10/2020
Type of engagement: 5 Year Contract (Renewable on performance)
Reporting to the Board, the General Manager will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, s/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
- Lead the development and execution of the Sacco’s strategy.
- Manage the day to day operations and business growth of the Society.
- Manage the Sacco’s performance against agreed targets and budgets within the approved policies and standards and in line with the Sacco’s strategic objectives.
- Establish a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework embedded across the organization.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting systems to ensure the Board and management team are well appraised on the Sacco’s performance.
- Maintain effective communication with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements, Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Safeguard the Sacco’s physical and financial assets by taking appropriate control measures for the effective utilization, proper maintenance and custody of all assets.
- Ensure timely implementation of the Board recommendations.
- Maintain a conducive work environment to attract and retain the best human resource talent to the Sacco while maintain a positive corporate culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- professional qualification; CPA (K), ACCA, etc.
- member of a professional body; ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK, etc.
- Leadership and Strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Coaching and mentorship skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
- Minimum 5years relevant experience preferably within the co-operative sector.
- Has satisfactorily served in a comparable position with similar responsibilities.
How To Apply
Online applications can be sent to email@example.com and MUST clearly state the Job Title and Reference number as the subject. All applications must be received by Friday, 23rd October 2020 at 5.00pm.