Clerk of Works Job, Latest Engineering Jobs Kenya 2022,
ADVERT NO. GaU/HR/EA/5/22: CLERK OF WORKS GRADE 9
Duties and Responsibilities at this level will involve:
- Control and supervision of buildings under construction or specialized work of running a repair and maintenance depot.
- Ensure construction work in progress is in accordance with the specifications of the drawings by architects, structural engineers and electrical engineers, and measuring work in progress as per progress schedule in addition to estimating costs.
- Preparation of monthly progress returns and reports of expenditure and progress of individual projects.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade of C plain or Division II, with credits in English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Physical Science;
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering awarded by Kenya National Examination Council, or equivalent qualifications recognized by KNEC.
- Worked with a large organization or preferably government for a minimum of eight (8) years since he/she obtained the HND.
- A thorough knowledge of computer particularly in Architectural and Civil/Structural Engineering packages.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and make reports.
- Ready to work long hours
- Exhibit understanding of duties and responsibilities of Clerk of Works / Inspector of Buildings for Building Construction.
How to Apply
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Updated CV, Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed. Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
PO BOX 1801-70100
Or can be emailed to:
Garissa University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Youth, Women, Marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be received at the office of the Vice Chancellor not later than Friday, 2nd December 2022 at 5.00pm. Incomplete and late applications will NOT be accepted.