Quality Assurance Supervisor Job, Latest Kenyan Quality Assurance Job Vacancies,
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Industry: Fresh Produce Export
Salary: 40k – 45k
Our client is in export business, exporting various fruits, vegetable and flowers to European and Middle East Markets.
Key Roles Responsibility
- Sits in for the other QA manager when on leave, off or out of the office
- Checking all raw materials coming in conform to the intake raw material specifications.
- Ensuring that the production process yield products that consistently satisfy the stated customer quality attributes
- Customer complaint: Investigating all customer complaints, trending of such and ensuring corrective actions are put in place to avoid a re-occurrence.
- Understanding of New Product Development and looking at new concepts that can be trialled within the current HACCP. Discussing NPD during technical meetings
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene within and around the facility.
- Ensuring that the laid down Quality management systems are adhered to at all times during the production process to ensure the product conforms in terms of quality, safety and Legality.
- Investigating and looking for ways of improving the current systems / practice applied on site whenever there is a change in the supermarket standards.
- Understanding the requirements for audits and customer visits and be able to help in preparations for the audits/visits.
- Ensuring that the documents / records in use are current, the correct version and completed in a way that it is unambiguous and clear
- Heading a team of well trained and competent quality controllers who are motivated with an aim of ensuring that product quality is consistently achieved.
- Planning of staff and equipment resource in advance to prevent interruptions to activities carried out by the quality department.
- Scheduling meetings with the relevant departments within the site to keep all updated on new legislation, new standards, customer requirements, etc. as necessary.
- Training of staff within this department to ensure a comprehensive understanding of standards, specifications, job requirements, and use of equipment within the quality department. This training will include all personnel within the packhouse.
- Planning of scheduled refresher trainings to ensure a high level of understanding and for updating in case of changes to normal practice.
- Liaising with the QA Manager that the department is well staffed at all times.
- Working on both vegs avocado packhouse.
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree preferably in BSC in food science, Horticulture, agriculture or related discipline/field.
- At least 3 years’ practical experience in working on a busy fresh produce export company.
- Good knowledge and experience in market quality standards specifically related to Avocadoes, French beans, snow peas and sugar snap processing.
- Worked as a QC, assistant QC, or in vegetable processing packhouse.
- Good computer skills with advanced Microsoft skills (word and excel)
- Good planning skills
- Strong interpersonal management skills
- Organised and able to meet tidy schedules
- Highly reliable, dependable and trust worthy personality
- Client oriented, demonstrating proactive communication
- Team player and good team management skills
If you meet the outlined qualifications and skills, please send your CV only quoting the position’s title (Quality Assurance Supervisor) to [email protected] before Friday 17th September 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.