Operations Assistant Job, Other Professions,
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Client: Moving Company
Gross Salary: KES 60,000 – KES 80,000
Job Purpose: As an Operations Assistant your main focus is providing each customer with the best moving experience.
Our client is a moving company with operations in over 10 countries in Africa. They seek to hire an organized individual to supervise all warehouse and transport operations on behalf of the company.
- You are responsible for providing leadership to the people at the core of our company operations who coordinate daily freight movements on a local and long-distance scale.
- Maintain effective administrative systems & operations i.e. Schedule appointments, manage calendars for the Director, maintain updated filing systems, welcome clients, operate the switchboard, prepare communications such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence etc.
- Oversee all movers’ activities during packing and preparing clients items to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure everything runs smoothly while taking apart furniture, wrapping items in bubble wrap or stretch wrap, putting loose items in boxes and sealed bags, and using straps and cardboard sheets on large items.
- Oversee the loading process to ensure movers arrange items in the truck to fit the load and prevent objects from falling or getting damaged.
- At the destination, ensure movers take the items off the truck and place them in the location the customer requests.
- Keeping track of the customer’s items to make sure nothing gets lost or damaged.
- Ensure moving teams write down descriptions of each package or item at the customer’s location before starting loading.
- Check this inventory when they reach the destination to ensure they unload all the items.
- Ensure all customers’ questions and requests are resolved and addressed; including how they want items packed, loaded, and unloaded.
- You will also provide information about price and time estimates and address any concerns.
- 5+ years of management experience within or directly related to the moving and storage industry.
- MUST have extensive office administration experience
- MUST have strong leadership skills with ability to effectively manage a team
- Must be highly organized and communicative, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow-through.
- Ability to perform in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel reporting functions required
- Ability to handle high volumes of inbound communications
- Build a positive atmosphere by challenging others to achieve optimal business results
- Review daily routing of equipment and manpower to control costs and increase service levels.
- Adjust as necessary to ensure product is delivered on time and in the intended condition
- Develop contingency plans to cover critical situations
- Valid Driver License
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Assistant – Moving Company) to [email protected] before Saturday 26th June 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.