Logistics Manager Job, Latest Logistics Jobs Kenya,
Title: Logistics Manager
Gross Salary: 100K
Job Purpose: The Logistics Manager will oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of the company. You will coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Logistics Manager is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach.
- Negotiate transport costs with suppliers and get the best deal
- Prepare & share accurate delivery schedules as per the route plans and deliver all orders within the stipulated timelines for each channel
- Ensure that distribution team workers follow safety rules while on transit/ factory
- Participate in man power planning, recruiting, training and evaluating logistics staff
- Manage staff leave and ensure all has been covered as per the leave policy
Motor Vehicles management
- Participate in preparing MV Management policies
- Ensure all vehicles are in a serviceable condition
- Attend to traffic issues as and when needed
- Manage the MV tracking system
- Manage a log of all company vehicles
- Inform clients when their orders are being delivered
- Ensure all order documentation have been filled correctly
- Communicate with the customer service team on the delivery status so they can update clients accordingly
- Coordinate with WH team to ensure items are ready for loading at the loading bay on time
- Prepare and send daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly reports
- Participate in monthly stock takes
- Logistics petty cash management
- Chair weekly team meetings and reinforce our values
- Accountability – Accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Quality of work – Pays close attention to detail. Strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Service orientation – Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to customers.
- Proven experience as logistics coordinator
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of traffic laws
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Logistics Manager – Manufacturing) to [email protected] before Monday 23rd August 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.