Fresh Produce Export Business General Manager Job, Latest Sales & Marketing Jobs Kenya,
Position: General Manager – Fresh Produce Export Business.
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Gross Salary: USD 2000 – 2500
Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: Sales &Marketing, operations (warehouse and field), and logistic and have oversight on other departments. Assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover
operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
Your responsibilities will include managing both the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy. Indirect responsibilities will include interacting with the team in other functional areas within the company whose roles have an impact on operations.
For success in the performance of this role, the General Manager needs to understand what the product market wants from the companies’ goods and services. Customers should feel that they can depend on the business to meet their consumer needs and respond to queries and concerns in a timely manner
Our client is a food-tech company focusing on efficient distribution of foods from farm to market. It has an extensive operations and logistics team that works around the clock to achieve the highest distribution efficiency in the industry.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Directs all the physical operations of the company. These activities include but are not limited to; trucks and logistics follow-up, pick-up and delivery of produce from farmers, lead distribution team to the market as directed by sales, time management on handling the produce, and all related works.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls (SOP’s), to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and
- welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the operations teams.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of occupational health and safety standards within the workplace.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- At least four (4) years’ experiences as an account manager/BDE/BDM/Sales Executive, or similar.
- Previous experience in sales of similar services is a must.
- Experience in shipping, receiving, logistics, or warehousing will be advantageous.
- Knowledgeable in clearing and forwarding process as well as documentation is a plus.
- At least four (4) years’ experiences as a logistics account executive, or similar.
- Great interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Management experience; demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage staff, 10 years of
- experience in managing a team, managing multiple operational functions, and at least 10 direct
- Analytical; strong with numbers, analysis & metrics and attention to details
- Advanced organizational leadership skills; create new systems and strengthen new ones
- Fundraising skills; support CEO with current raise
- Business acumen; experience with cost management
- Strategic mindset and vision
- Startup experience; experience growing a company from startup level to big business
- Progressive experience in a fast-paced, high volume distribution operation which includes
- automation; 5+ years’ experience
- Technology background
- Leadership; business acumen, supervise a multi-disciplinary team and excellent leadership
- Charismatic; people management, communication and motivation
- Intuitive; decision making, change initiator and taking calculated risks
- Integrity; honesty and trust
- Strategy; strategic thinking, creative & innovative and visionary
- Should have a recent Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI.
- Should have a passport.
How to Apply;
Interested and qualified candidates to send their resumes to [email protected] latest by Monday 11th April 2022.
Indicate email subject as General Manager – Fresh Produce Export Business.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.