Farm Manager Job, Current Agriculture Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Title: Snr. Farm Manager
Direct Reports to: Director
Type of Contract: Fulltime
Location: Nairobi (With regular travels out of the city)
Number of Positions: 1
Gross Salary: KES. 150k – 200k
Job Purpose: Our client is an investor with multiple successful businesses. He is ready to utilize some currently idle parcels of land and seeks to hire a strategic and smart farm manager to advice on the best` agribusiness opportunities, set up the various farms from scratch, operate and manage them moving forward providing leadership with highest level of business operations.
To be successful as a farm manager, you’ll be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Survey the existing parcels of land and advice on the best products to farm and farming methods depending on aspects such size of the land, climate, farm potential, market opportunities etc.
- Recruitment and training of all staff members.
- Oversee infrastructure development and management, irrigation, farm maintenance, safety, cleanliness and organization.
- Setting up operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending most strategic methods.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly stocked accordingly.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of farm produce.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Animal science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management, finance or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience is a must.
- Entrepreneurial mindset & sprit.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Apply directly through our careers page.
In case you are experiencing difficulties apply through the option above, please
Email your cv to [email protected]
N.B If you’re emailing us directly, remember to insert in the email subject line, Snr. Farm Manager for consideration latest Friday 7th October 2022.