Events & Travel Admin Job, Administration Kenya Jobs 2022,
Job Title: Events and Travel Administrator
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Mission
Department: Embassy’s Political and Trade Section
Number of positions: 1 position
Gross Salary Range: Competitive
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Purpose: Our client the Embassy of Sweden seeks to recruit an experienced Administrator with a strong background in organising events and meetings. The position will also support travel planning and visits, and perform other administrative and finance tasks as assigned.
The Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi represents Sweden in Kenya, Somalia, Seychelles and Comoros. The Embassy also represents Sweden in UNEP and UN-HABITAT. The Embassy represents and advances Swedish policies, interests and values in political and economic relations, development cooperation, trade and investment promotion and cultural and information matters. It provides consular services to Swedish nationals and migration services to non-nationals.
- Supports the planning, implementation and administrative follow-up of the Ambassador’s and the Political Section’s events
- Responsible for the alle administrative aspects of events and meetings, including invitations, bookings, contracts, payments and documentation
- Liaises with the Ambassador’s Residence about events and meetings
- Manages guest lists and maintains contacts with contractors
- Works with the Administrative Section of the Embassy to ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations, as well as timely payment of contractors
- Administers the Section’s travel, representation and claims
- Provides support on protocol matters (such as note verbales and permits) as well as archiving
- Replaces the Personal Administrator of the Ambassador when the PA is away
- Edits the Embassy web page
- Performs other tasks as required by the Section
- The above tasks are performed in a team. The work requires close cooperation with all sections at the embassy, as well as with external parties.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree/diploma in administration, hospitality or other field related to the post
- Minimum (5) five years of experience in administrative work.
- Experience from hospitality/events/culture sector and documented experience from administering events and meetings
- Experience in budgets and financial follow-up
- Good writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Very good organizational and time management skills and commitment to on-time delivery
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong team working skills; understanding the need to build and maintain contacts and networks
- Punctual & Responsible
- Proficiency in basic MS Office programs: Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
What to expect as an employee;
- Medical Insurance + Pension benefits
- 28 days of annual leave
- Gym allowance
- Competitive remuneration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their applications via Gap Recruitment Services Limited online job portal https://www.gaprecruitment.co.ke/jobs/ latest by Friday 29 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Neither Gap Recruitment Services Limited nor the Embassy of Sweden charge candidates for job placements.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.