Credit Control Officer Job, Credit Control Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Title: Credit Control Officer – Kisumu
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Industry: Food and Production
Gross Salary: KES. 35,000 – 40,000
Job Purpose: You will be responsible for receiving all payments and sales of the day made by the field sales representatives as well accounting for all monies received (involving cheques, MPESA, cash, credit and/or debit cards) and providing outstanding and friendly service in the interface and interactions with customers.
- Formulate, review and implement Credit Control Policies and Procedures
- Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the team
- Maintain accurate records of receivables, analyze the effectiveness of the organization’s credit control system and implement changes to improve profitability and reduce bad debts
- Hold regular meetings with the Marketing team to update them on the Sales Reports for their routes and areas
- Hold regular meetings with credit clients to resolve pending queries and disputes to maintain good working relations
- Ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of client retention and satisfaction
- Receipt all payments and update client accounts
- Conduct monthly credit account reconciliation and send credit statement to clients
- Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal procedures if necessary
- Ensure that team meets debt collection targets
- Negotiate payment plans with clients and set up credit terms and conditions
- Handle disputed bills and resolve any conflicts with clients by coming up with amicable solutions
- Issue Credit Notes where applicable as per the organization’s policy
- Propose write-off of irrecoverable receivables per company policy
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Regularly follow up overdue invoices by in person visits, telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records of all communication with clients and credit statements
Key kills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in accounting or its equivalent.
- CPA (K)/Section I
- Sound knowledge od debt collection
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar position
- Knowledge and use of Accounting Software
- Well conversant with Kisumu and western region is an added Advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Ability to positively connect with clients and encourage them to make payments toward debts owed
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Time management skills are essential to complete all required client calls daily
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good business acumen for problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their applications via Gap Recruitment Services Limited online job portal https://www.gaprecruitment.co.ke/jobs/ latest by Friday 6th June 2022.
OR send your CV to Maria Kiarie via [email protected]
Job Title; Credit Control Officer – Kisumu
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Gap Recruitment Services Limited does NOT charge candidates for job placements.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.