Cost Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Job Title: Cost Accountant – Manufacturing
Reports to: Head of Finance
Industry: Manufacturing (Fast Moving Products)
Gross Salary: Competitive
Job Purpose: You will be responsible for maintaining of accurate process cost information, reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, maintenance of perpetual inventory system, participating in the month end close and budgeting process, and supporting the Head of Finance with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for developing/maintaining an effective cost accounting system to reduce cost and improve overall profitability.
- Responsible for all manufacturing cost accounting related activities: month end close, standard cost setting, labor & Overhead absorption, inventory management, freight and duty tracking and monitoring.
- Work closely and partner with supply chain team to set specific DOI targets to minimize inventory on hand and mitigate E&O risks.
- Drive operational improvements and efficiencies on labor & overhead burden to improve business profitability.
- Work with inventory control team and internal audit team to monitor, track and improve the cycle count process and inventory accuracy.
- Perform variance analysis such as purchase price to cost variance, cost revaluation, invoice to PO price variances and work order variances.
- Partner with production team to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials.
- Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing, Intercompany, and Inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
- Maintain phenomenal relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address information reporting needs.
- Prepare accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting and ensure compliance
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Lead the cost accounting team in the factory with potential increased responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (or equivalent),
- CPA (K).
- Must be proficient in SAP specifically S4hana.
- Must be experienced in running monthly closing process through SAP (S4hana) Material ledger.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in accounting preferably in a large manufacturing environment with evidence of exceptional ability (Experience in FMCG industry is a significant advantage and will be preferred).
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management.
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems.
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Analytically solid with the desire and competency to come up with out-of-the-box ideas to resolve complex manufacturing accounting challenges.
- Great vision to provide insight and foresight to management team and turn analytical to corrective actions.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their resumes to [email protected] latest by 25th November 2021.
Indicate email subject as Cost Accountant – Manufacturing.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.