Reporting to: Chef
Industry: High end Restaurant and Eatery.
Number of Positions: 15 Positions.
Gross Salary: KES. 20,000/=
Job Purpose: As a cook you will be responsible for preparing food items and menu items in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
Client Description: Our client is a renowned restaurant chain that has been in existence in 2008. They have since set out to bring to life a series of high-quality restaurants that offer not only delicious food and exceptional service, but unparalleled ambience too. Today, they have over 40 stores across Nairobi, and are one of the only brands to achieve ‘Superbrand’ status in East Africa. More than a restaurant, it’s a lifestyle and a social hub in the buzzing capital of Kenya. They are firm believers that dining is about so much more than food. They combine inspirational spaces, quality products, and a sense of community to give you the full experience.
- Mis-en-plus preparation
- Following and maintaining the standard operating procedures food recipes as provided.
- Ensure the food delivered to the guest has great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Maintenance of high hygiene standards as per the provided guidelines.
- Management of all kitchen stoc k items, ensure correct labelling and use of FIFO.
- Check quality of ingredients used to prepare meals.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Any other duty assigned by management from time to time.
- Certificate in food and beverage sales and service.
- Hospitality experience of at least 6 months in a busy environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Interest in food.
- High standards of personal hygiene and personal grooming.
- Ability to multitask.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their resumes to [email protected] latest by 28th April 2022.
Indicate email subject as Cook.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.