Business Development Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Vacancies in Kenya,
Position: Business Development Manager – Logistics Services
Industry: Transport & Logistics
Reports to: General Manager
Gross Salary: 80K – 100K + Commissions
Our client is a well-established end to end Logistics Company offering air/ocean freight, trailer and warehouse services with its offices based in Kenya and Uganda. They seek to hire a resourceful and result oriented sales executive to promote their logistical services. You will be tasked with generating new business leads, communicating with existing customers about their logistical needs, and arranging for efficient transportation services.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Meeting daily, weekly, and monthly sales targets.
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate client needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through customer visits, cold calling, networking and social media.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies around the provision of logistical services.
- Identifying and contacting prospective customers to promote logistical services and negotiate contracts.
- Integrating suitable technology solutions to optimize logistical services and communication channels.
- Evaluating business processes, assessing risks, and recommending improvements to achieve sales targets.
- Addressing customer concerns and finding innovative solutions for complex logistical challenges.
- Assessing customer needs and determining suitable modes of transportation that align with cost and timeframe expectations.
- Collaborating with other departments to optimize logistical services and arranging shipment and transportation details with carrier agents.
- Developing and maintaining an effective carrier network and excellent customer relationships.
- Overseeing the sales team, documenting processes, and preparing executive reports.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- At least four (4) years’ experiences as an account manager/BDE/BDM/Sales Executive, or similar.
- Previous experience in sales of similar services is a must.
- Experience in shipping, receiving, logistics, or warehousing will be advantageous.
- Knowledgeable in clearing and forwarding process, as well as documentation, is a plus.
- At least four (4) years’ experiences as a logistics account executive, or similar.
- Great interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
How To Apply
If you meet the outlined qualifications and skills, please send your CV only quoting the position’s title (Business Development Manager – Logistics Services to [email protected] on/before Wednesday 30th March 2022.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.