Risk and Compliance Officer Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
About the position
To initiate, implement and liaison with the respective functional heads, and manage the risk and compliance initiatives for GA Insurance
- Develops and monitors risk registers for all departments and performs risk assessments for new products and vendors.
- Prepares risk register reports and analysis for review by the manager.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate risk and compliance activities through respective departments to ensure GA remains abreast of the status of all insurance-related risks & compliance activities.
- Follow up on any identified deficiencies and make recommendations for amendment.
- Implement the risks and compliance policies and procedures in place.
- Provide reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, and as directed or requested.
- Provide relevant information required by external bodies and regulators on compliance matters such as reporting suspicious transactions related to money laundering and the fight against terrorism financing.
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuous basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Implementing an effective risk training program will be developed.
- Keep abreast with the applicable laws, regulations, rules, and standards in the risk & compliance fraternity and advise on the emerging developments of the same.
- Team participation both within the department and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K), Risk Certification, or Equivalent Professional qualification.
- Member of a professional body e.g., ICPAK, ISACA etc. will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Background in the financial industry will be an added advantage. Competencies
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Personal attributes: integrity, dependable, initiative-taking, results-oriented, creative, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal & written
How to Apply