Fund Operations Data Assistant Internships, Finance Jobs In Kenya, Cytonn Investments Jobs
- Job Type : Internship
- Job Category : Financial Services
- Closing Date: January 13th, 2020
- Location: Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
The intern will be involved in the various activities in Fund Operations from Client management to portfolio administration duties.
- Portfolio administration: Ensure proper recording of all portfolio transactions including: client’s contributions, withdrawals and any corporate actions
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of client statements and investment reports for the investment team
- Ensure effective and timely reporting for fund position and return to clients
- Communicate and reconcile portfolio activity with custodian banks and administrators
- Interact with clients, their advisers, custodians and administrators regarding portfolio operations
- Timely release of accurate financial and portfolio data
- Maintains controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to be followed
- Maintains financial security by coming up and following internal controls
- Preparation of payments by verifying documentation
- Ensuring compliance with taxation and any other financial legal requirements
- Preparation of special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Drive efficiency by spearheading automation processes and enhance internal systems for communication within the department
- Follow up on clients’ overdue payments by sending payment reminders
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Generate reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Undertake cashbook reconciliations on a daily basis by providing bank reconciliations
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma certification in business or related field (achieved)
- A minimum qualification of at least C plain and above or equivalent in High School
- Strong computer proficiency skills in all Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility to handle diverse tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion
- Ability to maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients and consultants
- Ability to multitask and be flexible to working long hours where requested upon
The Intern will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced investment environment where they will learn client management and portfolio management skills.
We are seeking to employ a young, energetic, passionate, creative, highly motivated, self-directed, team player and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Funds Operations Intern.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Internship
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.