Fraud Detection Officer Job, Finance Jobs,
Position: Officer- Fraud Detection – (20000088)
- Transactions monitoring, on a 24 hour and 7 days a week monitoring schedule, to identify suspicious transactions based on preset parameters or other appropriate criteria within set timelines.
- Conduct preliminary validation checks for suspicious transactions within set timelines, lien targeted accounts and block destination accounts/mobile wallets in order to minimize loss to the customer.
- Validation of banks exceptional reports within set timelines.
- Handling of suspicious transactions sent from partners within set timelines.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the Bank’s policies and procedures, CBK prudential guidelines and local statutes.
- Conduct fraud awareness training to Bank staff and other stakeholders.
- Conduct fraud risk assessments on new/existing Bank systems, products and services.
- Propose, discuss with stakeholders and agree recommendations to improve control weaknesses identified during fraud monitoring and regularly follow up for their implementation.
- Manage fraud detection tools and ensure they are used responsibly and only as and when required.
- A graduate with a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Criminology, Forensics, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Commerce or any business degree is a MUST.
- Professional certification in Fraud Examination, Auditing, Accounting, Risk management and Information systems audit is an added advantage.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in an auditing, forensics or risk management environment or at least 5 years’ experience in Branch Operations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Bank risks and their mitigations
- Knowledge of CBK prudential guidelines
- Knowledge of AML and KYC policy guidelines
How to apply