Economist (IPC Food Security) Job, Kenya Job Vacancies
Comprehensive technical, statistical, analytical and/or policy analysis services and the development of specialized tools, methodologies, systems and/or databases to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of the programme of work and related products, projects, publications, and services.
- Plans and leads components of multidisciplinary teams and short term work groups, leads and/or participates in divisional teams, participates in Organization-wide committees, project teams and working groups and provides specialized expertise on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Develops technical, statistical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks and related tools, methodologies, systems and databases, etc. to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of programmes of work, products, projects and services.
- Designs and conducts research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies, flagship publications/technical reports and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical specialist and/or policy advice and expertise.
- Responds to requests and provides technical/policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Subregional, and Country Offices and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and provides technical expertise at international meetings and conferences.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving knowledge sharing, the organization of training workshops, seminars, and meetings as well as the development of related materials and online tools and information kits.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with Corporate Strategy and divisional plans.
- Manages/coordinates a team of GSU food security experts to support a GSP thematic area or the implementation of all GSP activities in a specific geographical region/area.
- Coordinates the implementation of IPC capacity building activities, including the facilitation of IPC training and analysis events, the promotion of the IPC certification campaign, the establishment of an IPC community of practitioners, and the implementation of the IPC cross-country learning exchange programme.
- Provides technical leadership and oversight to assure the highest quality and compliance of IPC analysis, including by conducting/coordinating IPC real time and retroactive quality reviews, providing follow-up technical support to IPC country technical working groups, and documenting lessons learnt.
- Contributes to and coordinates information sharing to ensure that learning from IPC implementation feeds into IPC technical development, communication and information management.
- Promotes the institutionalization of IPC by supporting the integration of IPC activities into existing structures and systems at country and regional level, as well as by helping countries develop and implement IPC consolidation strategies.
- Promotes and facilitates a multiagency ownership of the IPC among the different partner agencies through regular communication, information sharing and by strengthening the engagement of IPC global partners in the implementation of the IPC GSP at global, regional and country level.
- Leads the development and implementation of global joint and multi-partner initiatives and coordinates the development of global IPC products.
- Contributes to the development and update of the IPC strategy and follows up on strategy implementation and preparation and implementation of strategic meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in economics, agriculture, nutrition, social science, political science or a related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in economic and food security and vulnerability analysis and/or food security programme coordination with food security analysis including familiarity with different methodologies and indicators.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and French.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in food security and vulnerability analysis and/or food security programme coordination with food security analysis, including familiarity with different methodologies and indicators.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in IPC analysis and training.
- Extent and relevance in leading training and capacity building initiatives and teaching/training skills in a multidisciplinary context.
- Extent and relevance of experience in coordinating and managing multidisciplinary teams and multiagency partnerships preferably in multisector and multiagency contexts.
- Certification as IPC Analyst and Trainer is considered a strong asset.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.