Marketing Director Job, Kenyan Sales & Marketing Vacancies,
JOB TITLE: Marketing Director
PLACE OF WORK: Head office
REPORTS TO: CEO
REPORTS TO POSITION
Marketing Manager & Sale Manager
To drive revenue growth and long-term profitability of the company by designing and implementing effective marketing strategy, positioning and delivering the company’s value propositions to targeted markets, locating and exploiting attractive market opportunities, managing the development and commercialization of products, gaining market leadership through customer acquisition and retention, and strengthening the eminence of the brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the market research process to gain customer and marketplace trends and insights, identify growth opportunities, analyze and select businesses and geographic markets to compete in.
- Determine the scope of market research needs, including secondary research and research design/implementation, and define and develop required in-house capabilities required for market intelligence.
- Identify promising business opportunities and ideas and present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Define short and long-term marketing goals, and corresponding marketing programs and initiatives, making profit and loss trade-offs to deliver revenue and profit objectives.
- Drive new product development including identification of unmet customer needs and marketplace insights, development of new product/technology concepts, and building business case.
- Lead the effective commercialization of newly developed product concepts by identifying and securing any human resources needed, building or securing the business and functional requirements for the product, testing and refining the product, rolling out the product.
- Lead the development and delivery of sales training programs to enhance sales teams’ product knowledge and selling effectiveness.
- Coordinate and lead the development and review of pricing policy for new and existing products and ensure consistent and accurate application of pricing guidelines and policies, and manage pricing appeals.
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated marketing communications and public relations programs comprising media advertising, publicity programs, events and other elements and track their effectiveness.
- Oversee translation of creative briefs into advertising campaigns, media placement and purchasing, packaging art, website content, and track effectiveness of campaigns and align campaigns with product and brand goals.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with existing and potential customers and business partners.
- Lead the development and implementation of customer feedback instruments (i.e., surveys, etc.), insights from sales force, distribution centers and operations and use findings to improve customer experience and enhance sales force effectiveness.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales and Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Full professional qualification is desirable.
- For Master’s degree (10) years of experience of which two (4) years should be at managerial level or;
- For Bachelor’s degree (12) years of experience of which six (6) years should be at managerial level.
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- Proven experience as Marketing Director
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
How To Apply
Apply to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.